Transition Communities North Mount Lofty Ranges is the newest Community Group of Sustainable Communities South Australia. A group of about 14 people have started with a series of films nights in Blyth, Clare, Watervale and Burra. In transition has already been shown and Power of community is being shown during this two weeks. Here is the contact information you may want or contact Beth at email@example.com
Transition Communities North Mount Lofty Ranges: a Community Group of Sustainable Communities SA Inc.
- What is a Transition Community?
- What can we do about climate change?
- What are oil depletion & peak oil about?
- Is the Global Financial Crisis really over?
Join us for the screening of some thought provoking and inspiring documentary films that may influence how we answer these questions. Over 4 weeks in October & November we’re screening the films:
- Blyth Cinema – Monday 11
- St John Hall, Clare – Wednesday 13 October
- Watervale Hall – Monday 18 October
- Burra Town Hall – Wednesday 20 October
The power of community
- Blyth Cinema – Monday 25October
- St John Hall, Clare – Wednesday 27 October
- Watervale Hall – Monday 1 November
- Burra Town Hall – Wednesday 3November
All film & discussion evenings 7.30 – 9.30 pm.
Transition initiatives are created by people in local communities working together to provide a practical response to the challenges of climate change, peak oil & their economic consequences. It is a focus for local action to respond to these challenges and prepare for the low carbon energy future. Building on much that we are already doing while creating more community resilience and reducing our environmental footprint.
These are introductory evenings for discussion about developing Transition action locally in Clare and our region. Contact Colin Endean for further information.