I participated in a very informative vegetable gardening workshop at Brighton yesterday. The workshop was part of a series of Green Living workshops, delivered by the City of Holdfast Bay, on a range of topics from vegetable gardening to reducing electricity consumption at home, habitat creation and bird box building. These are funded by the Holdfast Environmental Action Trust (HEAT) Fund and open to residents, local schools, community organisations and businesses in the area.
The latest Green Living Kit is now available from Holdfast Bay Council at a subsidised cost of $10. There are only about 60 kits still available and each contains:
- An A1 Stephanie Alexander planting guide poster
- 4 packets of open pollinated seeds
- 14L flexi bucket
- 12 Jiffy seed starters
- Small container of rocket fuel
- 50 plant ID tags
- 8 way trigger spray hose nozzle
The Green Living workshop dates for 2013 are as follows:
- Thursday 22 November 2012: Growing vegetables in your garden
- Thursday 21 February 2013: Worm farms and composts
- Thursday 18 April 2013: Watch your wasteline waste and recycling workshop
- Thursday 13 June 2013: Biodiversity in your backyard
All workshops go for 60-90 minutes and start at 6.30pm. Subsidised Green Living kits which complement each workshop are available for purchase on the night of the workshop and after until 100 of each kit is sold. To register your interest in attending a workshop or for more information on the Green Living program contact customer service on (08) 8229 9999.
Check out Veronique’s blog here!